URGENT REQUEST FOR MUNDELEIN RESIDENTS
DO NOT DISREGARD – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Everyone on our streets should have recently received a proposal from Ed Sullivan’s office detailing
a plan to use the property that is currently designated as the Route 53 rightaway. It would be leased to the Fremont Township,
the Mundelein Park District and Mundelein High School.
As of right now, this deal is not quite set in stone. Per my conversation with Ed Sullivan
on 11/09/06, they plan on moving forward VERY QUICKLY. Basically this project WILL move forward unless there is a large
amount of opposition from those directly affected by this plan. They expect to have the lease finalized within a month.
Personally, I am STRONGLY against this project for the following reason:
- Increased noise – kids, parents, spectators and dogs
- Increased car traffic driving up and down our streets
- Poor parking plans – parents dropping off or picking up their students will be looking for places to park and our
streets will be their top choices. They have designated the small parking lot near the tennis courts on Southport as parking
for these fields. That parking lot holds about 6 cars and will never be able to handle the amount of parking necessary
for this project.
- Increased foot traffic – kids will be cutting through our subdivision, not to mention our yards, to get to these
fields which will be the mandatory practice fields for the high school
- Decreased aesthetic beauty – I would rather look out my backdoor at a field of wild flowers than at a fences, backstops,
goal posts and other obstructions.
- They are building a dog park when there is one less than 2 miles away
- Trash – more people means more trash in our streets and the field
- There are much better uses for any extra money for the High School, such as the Theatre Dept. or the Library. The athletics
department has received more than their fair share of funds over the years.
If any action is to be taken to prevent this lease and proposal from going through, it must be taken quickly.
I encourage all residents to voice their opinions. Attached is a copy of the letter that I will send to Ed Sullivan, the Park
District, the Township and to IDOT (the Illinois Dept. of Transportation) who would be leasing this property to the others.
We must make our opinions count. Rep. Sullivan Jr. says he wants to do what’s best for the community, but so far the
community has proven that they do not want this in their backyards! . If anyone is interested in signing the letter that I
have written, please sign the attached copy and return to me at 236 Dunton Court, Mundelein and I will include them with all
of the others. We’ve collected dozens already. Or you may email me at email@example.com. To send your own letter,
be sure that you send it to all parties involved. I’ve included their addresses below. Make sure to include your
name and address or your comments will not be taken into consideration. WE ARE ON A DEADLINE!)
Fremont Township Mundelein Park District
Attn: Peter Tekampe Attn: Alex Marx or Pat McGrath
22376 W. Erhart Road 1501 N. Midlothian Road
Mundelein, IL 60060 Mundelein, IL 60060
Representative Ed Sullivan Jr. Illinois Department of Transportation
506 E. Hawley Street Attn: Diane O’Keefe
Mundelein, IL 60060 201 Center
Schaumburg, IL 60196
Mundelein High School
Attn: Ed Specht
1350 W. Hawley Street
Mundelein, IL 60060
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at847-566-9748.
236 Dunton Court